As a back-end developer here at Sparkgeo, your role will be to create, code, and improve the server, server-side applications, and databases that, when combined with front-end code, help create a functional, seamless experience for a wide range of clients. You’ll collaborate in teams with project managers, data scientists, designers, and front-end developers. You’ll share your knowledge of trends and industry best practices.
Our ideal candidate has the willingness to learn independently as well as collaboratively and has experience being organized and self-directed.
- Manage production deployments
- Organize customer issues
- Problem-solving with code demonstrations
- Problem-solving with visual demonstrations
Skills & Technology
High proficiency in a few, but not all of these technologies is required:
- Cloud services (such as AWS, Azure, GCP)
- CI/CD (Github Actions & CircleCI)
- Our go-to databases include PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, or Mongo
- Tons of geospatial applications (TiTiler, STAC FastAPI, MapProxy, Geoserver, etc.)
- Willingness to learn anything
What Is Not Required For This Role
- Perfect English
- A degree in Computer Science
- Every skillset
Available for exceptional candidates
- Work remotely within Canada
- Medical and extended health benefits
- Starting at 4 weeks of holidays and 5 personal days
- Retirement plan matching
- Access to training opportunities, including unlimited Udemy
- Visa sponsorship is available for exceptional candidates
- Flexible work schedule allowing you to take the time to enjoy life outside of work
- Competitive pay
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse group of people looking to work with others with diverse perspectives.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Jobs page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.
Who and how we hire
You do not need to check every single one of these boxes. We hire anyone who is curious, willing to learn and likes to work remote and autonomously, yet in a team setting.
Email your résumé to [email protected].