The team at Sparkgeo is seeking a talented Front End Developer to work remotely from Canada or the UK and wants the chance to work with a growing team of hard-working and inquisitive group of remote designers, developers, and geospatial experts.
This position focuses on projects that have big technical pieces around web maps. Web maps are an essential part of the solution that we offer to clients. The way that people interact with those maps and understand the data that is being presented is paramount to our client’s success.
We’re looking for a team member that has a willingness to learn independently and collaboratively, and the ability to be organized and self-directed.
- Build user interfaces to solve geospatial problems
- Collaborate in teams with project managers, data scientists, and backend developers
- Maintains and shares knowledge of trends and best practices in the industry
Skills & Technology
- The ability to write readable and scalable code
- Experience with code reviews and values their return on investment
- Experience with coding in collaborative environments with many developers contributing to a single project or repository
- Familiarity with various cloud technologies used to host front-end applications such as AWS, GCP, Netlify, Heroku, or Vercel
- Proficiency with at least one modern front-end framework such as React, Vue, or Svelte
- Ability to write automated tests using Jest and Testing-Library
- Proficient with Git
- Experience maintaining and contributing to large complex code bases
- Experience with charting or mapping libraries such as Mapbox or Leaflet
- Familiarity with CI/CD tooling such as Github Actions, CircleCI, or Jenkins
- Familiarity with various cloud technologies used to host front-end applications such as AWS, GCP, Netlify, Heroku, or Vercel as well as their command-line interfaces
- Experience with strictly typed languages such as TypeScript
Available for exceptional candidates
- Option to work remotely within Canada or the UK
- Medical benefits
- Extended benefits
- Generous holidays
- Unlimited Udemy
- Competitive pay
Email your résumé to [email protected]
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse team looking to work with others with different perspectives.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Jobs page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.