Sparkgeo is a leader in the global geospatial industry. We identify crucial problems – and efficiently solve them. Our obsessive focus on geospatial technology makes us a somewhat unique company. In fact, most of our work has been with other technology companies where they look to us as expert partners who can lend them expertise that’s not easily found in-house. As Sparkgeo expands geographically into countries such as the UK, we also look to expand our client list. We listen carefully, are platform-agnostic, and look to afford the most value we can to our clients. To make this possible, each of our staff members has a high degree of autonomy. This allows them to do what they must – within the company values and principles – instead of being bound to tradition or bureaucracy.
As UK Operations Lead, your primary role will be to increase the size of the UK business. You’ll be in charge of operations, growing the teams in terms of employee numbers and also growing the revenue and customer base. The role will include aspects of HR, line management, resource balancing, finance and payroll, contract negotiations and sales.
As a small but growing entity you’ll need to be willing to roll up your sleeves to keep things running smoothly. Our ideal candidate has the willingness to work independently as well as collaboratively and has experience being organised and self-directed. They must be excited by the prospect of being part of directing a growing, dynamic team and company with a startup feel and mindset. Maintaining the company culture will also be a key component. For the right candidate this is an amazing opportunity to grow a dedicated UK geospatial software business, with the backing of an existing global team.
- You have a proven understanding and experience of geospatial data, typical problem sets and client needs.
- You have the energy and enthusiasm for leading a business through the start-up expansion phase.
- You want to work collaboratively in a remote team distributed across the UK and Canada.
- You have strong team and line management skills.
- You have demonstrable commercial experience, specifically around sales and contract management.
- You enjoy project management and delivering client needs
- You are accountable and hold yourself to a high standard, open to collaborative working.
- You fit into our unique culture, with open and equal communication from all team members.
- Experience of leading a business through an expansion and growth phase.
- An understanding of how geospatial on the cloud can benefit potential customers.
- An affinity with open source geospatial and the ecosystem and communities that exist around that.
- A strong network across key sectors: sustainability, spatial finance, geospatial.
- Evidence of multitasking and project management experience.
- Option to work remotely within the UK
- Generous holidays
- Unlimited Udemy
- Competitive pay
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse group of people looking to work with others with diverse perspectives.
Who and how we hire
You do not need to check every single one of these boxes. We hire anyone who is curious, willing to learn and likes to work remote and autonomously, yet in a team setting.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Careers page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.
Email your résumé to [email protected].