Our obsessive focus on geospatial technology makes us a somewhat unique company. In fact, most of our work is with other technology companies. They look to us as expert partners who can lend them expertise that’s not easily found in-house. We listen carefully, are platform-agnostic, and look to afford the most value we can to our clients. To make this possible, each of our staff members has a high degree of autonomy. This allows them to do what they must—instead of being bound to tradition or bureaucracy.
The People and Culture Generalist will be responsible for acting as the first point of contact for employees and external partners for all HR-related inquiries. The People and Culture Generalist will work with the Admin and Operations team in support of Sparkgeo’s HR Operations, focusing on driving a positive employee experience.
Our ideal candidate is organized, self-directed and likes to work collaboratively.
Recruitment and Talent Management (40% of time)
- Support and work alongside the Sparkgeo hiring team
- Support the team in proactive recruitment initiatives
- Ensure diversity is a priority in both recruitment and internal initiatives
- Coordinate interviews
- Draft offer letters, promotion and change letters for review
- Send approved offer letters
- Facilitate candidate on-boarding process for new hires
- Complete background checks for new hires
- Manage new hire paperwork
- Request technology for new hires.
Payroll and Administration (40% of time)
- Setup new hires in CollageHR and ensure all onboarding documentation is collected for payroll.
- New hire benefits enrollments.
- Oversee Collage HR to ensure data accuracy and updated/current employee files are maintained.
- Provide administrative support for payroll consultant, assist with time management/vacation requests and provide adhoc reports.
- Maintain a database of job descriptions and ensure the most recent version is easily accessible.
- Support and update changes to the organizational chart
- Complete employment verification letters as requested.
Employee Relations (20% of time)
- Respond to employee requests in a timely manner
- Escalate requests/concerns to the appropriate person.
- Support and participate in culture initiatives across the business.
- Explore employees’ needs and work with others in the Admin team to help educate on relevant employment policies, programs and practices.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in Human Resources, particularly in a growing organization
- University Degree or College Diploma or post graduate diploma, in Human Resources or related field is required.
- Strong leadership competence and a demonstrated ability to influence leaders and managers in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to meet the business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Heightened awareness on the importance of maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and HRIS systems
- Work remotely within Canada
- Medical and extended health benefits
- Starting at 4 weeks of holidays and 5 personal days
- Retirement plan matching
- Access to training opportunities, including unlimited Udemy
- Flexible work schedule allowing you to take the time to enjoy life outside of work
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse group of people looking to work with others with diverse perspectives.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout the recruitment, and selection process. If you require some accommodations, please inform us in your application.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Jobs page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.
Who and how we hire
You do not need to check every single one of these boxes. We hire people who are curious, willing to learn and like to work remotely and autonomously, yet in a team setting.
Email your résumé to [email protected].