Design at Sparkgeo is unique. We’re a niche geospatial company. We solve a wide range of problems for a wide range of clients. You might work in agriculture one day and for a non-profit the next.
Web maps are an essential part of the solution that we offer our clients. The way that people interact with those maps and understand the data that is being presented is paramount to our client’s success.
You’ll mainly be the sole designer on projects that have a big technical piece. Being able to bridge the gap between design and technology is an important part of the role.
We’re an industry leader in the geospatial realm. Being able to think critically about some of the design problems that we and our clients have will keep us in the lead.
As a designer at Sparkgeo, you’ll…
- Take design from empathy to research to specification to wireframes to interaction mockup to testing to implementation
- Design for Rich Internet Applications
- Design for large amounts of data
- Work with modern front-end frameworks, such as React
- Make a useful data visualisation
- Scale your process for small and large projects
- Conduct the right user research
- Take ownership on the entire design process for a project
- Present your findings to internal and external stakeholders
- Translate your research into beautiful and useful interfaces
- Create equal access to information for everybody
- Work with web maps
Available for exceptional candidates
- Option to work remotely within Canada
- Medical benefits
- Extended benefits
- Generous holidays
- Unlimited Udemy
- Competitive pay
Email your résumé to [email protected].
We encourage all people, from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We’re a diverse group of people looking to work with others with diverse perspectives.
More about Sparkgeo
Visit our Jobs page to learn more about who we are, and how we work.